To celebrate National Blood Donor Month this January, Memorial Blood Centers is partnering with Dunkin’ to help spread awareness about the need for blood donations during the winter, which is a challenging time of year to meet the needs of local hospital patients.
Dunkin’ will provide a voucher for a free medium hot or iced coffee to all presenting donors during January. Dunkin’ will also be providing donors with free donuts every Thursday in January at donor centers throughout the metro, as well as the below blood drives:
• Maple Grove Community Center (12951 Weaver Lake Rd), January 2 from 3:00 PM – 7:00 PM
• In Memory of Karen (2200 W Old Shakopee Rd), January 18 from 10:00 AM – 2:00 PM
• Wooddale Church (6630 Shady Oak Rd), January 19 from 8:30 AM – 1:00 PM
• Woodbury Community (1925 Woodwinds Dr), January 23 from 8:30 AM – 2:00 PM
• M Health Fairview Midway, 1700 University Ave, January 29 from 9:30 AM – 1:30 PM
Plus, all donors through January 4 will receive a limited edition long-sleeve shirt!
38% of people are eligible to give blood, yet only 7% do. Memorial Blood Centers relies on the support of more than 2,000 volunteer blood donors each week to meet the needs of more than 30 hospital partners throughout Minnesota and northwestern Wisconsin.
Blood donors of all types, especially type O negative, are urgently needed to step up to ensure blood is readily available for patients in need this winter. You may be eligible to donate blood if you are:
• In good health
• 17 years or older—16 with written parental consent (PDF)
Free of antibiotics for 24 hours, unless taken for preventative reasons
• Symptom-free for at least 72 hours following a cold or flu
It’s the blood in hospitals today that helps during a tragedy or accident tomorrow. While walk-in donors are always welcome, we encourage donors to make appointments in advance. Visit MBC.ORG to find your nearest community blood drive or donor center, or to make an appointment at one of the following public blood drives.
Click Here for the January Blood Donation Schedule