[December 17, 2019] (St. Paul, MN) - Memorial Blood Centers is asking the public to give back by giving blood this holiday season. December is a difficult time to meet the needs of local hospitals, with donors missing regular appointments due to seasonal illnesses, family plans, and even winter weather. New and returning donors of all blood types are urgently needed to ensure a stable blood supply.
Presenting donors December 20-January 4 will receive a limited edition long-sleeve shirt . Plus, when you give in December, you’ll also be automatically entered to win a winter getaway for two !
Every two seconds, someone needs blood. Whether it’s a kid battling cancer like Jaela or a mother fighting for her life like Katie , hospital patients rely on the generosity of volunteer donors to provide the life-saving blood and blood components they need.
Community members are encouraged to make a life-saving donation by giving blood at any of Memorial Blood Centers’ donor centers , or a public blood drive such as:
· Shakopee Police Department - December 26 from 10:30 AM to 6:00 PM
· Surly Brewing Company - December 26 from 11:00 AM to 6:00 PM
· OMNI Brewing Company - December 26 from 3:00 PM to 7:00 PM
· Woodbury Community - December 27 from 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM
· North Memorial Health Hospital - January 2 from 8:00 AM to 3:00 PM
· Maple Grove Community Center - January 2 from 3:00 PM to 7:00 PM
· HealthEast, St. Joseph’s Hospital - January 3 from 9:00 AM to 2:00 PM
· The Shoppes at Arbor Lakes - January 4 from 9:30 AM to 1:30 PM
It takes less than an hour to help save lives. For a full schedule of public blood drives or to schedule your next blood donation, visit MBC.ORG or call 1-888-GIVE-BLD (888-448-3253).
About Memorial Blood Centers
Memorial Blood Centers (MBC) has been saving lives since 1948 as an independent nonprofit. MBC relies on the local community to donate blood to help ensure a safe and stable blood supply is available to area hospitals and other partners throughout the country. Operating 10 donor centers and conducting hundreds of blood drives each month, MBC also provides comprehensive testing and expert technical services as a national leader in transfusion medicine. For more information, call 1-888-GIVE-BLD (1-888-448-3253) or visit MBC.ORG. Connect with us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn .